Sunday, November 21, 2010

Tere minu sõbrad ;)


Hello to all of you…

I really think that Gerdas Idea is very great! In my opinion it´s very important to show estonians that they still can keep their identity, eventhough they are a memeber of the european union. But I also think, that it won´t be possible that all of us travel to those special places. Especially in my place I don´t have good bus connections, even at the weekends. But if there are any places in the near of my village or not so far away I could also go there. I don´t know yet where all of those places are ;( Gerda you know? And if we will have all of those pictures, Gerda what are you going to do then? You want to publish them in a selfcreated paper, make a blog or website or how do you want to spread this project? 

I also thought about ways how we can promote the EVS and I got an Idea. I´m sure that there are a lot of youngsters in Estonia who have never heard something about this possibility going abroad and being a volunteer. So it would be nice to increase their awareness. All of us are widespread through Estonia and we also have different working fields (youth work, kindergarden, school, center for disabled people, orphanage and so on). My idea is to show the young people in Estonia how different an EVS can be. How can we do this? Well, I think first we can go to schools, youth centers or any other places were we can meet our target group (people between 18 and 25, right?) There we can make a short presentation what the EVS is about and then give them the possibility to visit us one day in our working place (I don´t think it will be very timeconsuming). First of all they can get to know the work (what are the tasks of an EV and how does it go). Furthermore they can also meet people from different nationalities (US;)) So I think it would be possible to get some visits during our EVS time. What do you think? So we just have to make a list of our work and working places, at what times we are working and so on. I´m also thinking about making a blog for that, so we can share at what days we can recieve visits and on what days we have no time. And also the interested youngsters can contact us there. There is only one, maybe big, problem: The youngsters have to pay their travel to those places on their own ;( Marco and Jutta do you think there would be a possibility to get some support?
So guys, what are you thinking about this idea? In my opinion this is a good chance to motivate the youngsters to be part of the EVS and also to increase their awareness about the european union and projects founded by the european union… Let me know about your opinions!!!

Head õhtut,

Marina

1 comment:

  1. Hello Marina!!!

    What a great idea!! Actually have done similar events last 2 years.

    My first suggestion is to schedule the date and place with time so we can check the following situations:
    - promotion of the event
    - Have more EVS's in the event (Estonians who did EVS and EVS in Estonia)
    - Maybe I can also join and talk about other possibilities (Exchange, Trainings and so on)
    - Maybe even a small presentation of the countries and so on

    If you present the event we can check if we can cover the travel expenses of the otehr people and so on...

    Anyway if you would like to make small presentations like you mentioned, I just would like to have some pics of the evens so we can promote in our facebok page and aslo here in the blog!

    Thanks again and once more WELL DONE!

    Hey people... get inspired!!!

    Hugs
    Marco

    ReplyDelete