Tuesday, January 18, 2011

New project idea: "Volunteer's cookbook"

Dear all !


unfortuantely I could not be at our last evealuation meeting as well.

Nevertheless i tried to catch up with what you talked about at the meeting, and must say that i really like the ideas you all came up with !


Some weeks ago I also had an idea, that might be something we all could contribute to and make to some sort of groupproject.

Just read through the description of my idea of a "Volunteer's cookbook" and then comment, add or change.

Be creative =)


Idea: to create a cookbook that is helping volunteers.



Many volunteers are quite young and might have never lived totally on their own before. Living alone might be an exciting experience, but also brings many difficulties with it. For example cooking.



This is where the cookbook should support and assist the volunteers.



This could include easy and basic recipes which everyone should be able to make.

Also recipes for the first days, where you might not have so many groceries at home (only the basic things eggs, milk …).



As well as cheap recipes, because as everyone probably knows, volunteers are always short on money!

Furthermore there could be international recipes from all over Europe be presented, which each volunteer can contribute to this book. These recipes could be useful to bring a bigger variety in the dishes.



Another chapter with tradition Estonian recipes can be made as well so everyone can impress the friends and families back in their home country.



To these recipes the author could add a small story or funny incident he or her connects to this dish, as well as the approximate price of every dish.



Another thing that might be useful for the new cooks might be to write where the cheapest products can be found (lists of supermarkets, discount cards and insider tips)



If someone has another great idea, this cookbook can always be extended!



After the ‘first generation’ of volunteers has contributed to the cookbook, it can be passed on to the new volunteers year by year as part of the staring kid. (either printed, or digital)



Now I would like to hear your response to this idea, and maybe we can make this project together =)



Be creative and let your ideas speak!

8 comments:

  1. Soory for the huge gaps... this programm does not like me :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey viktoria!!!
    Great Idea... I will think about some reciepts... Do you think we should list the cheapest places from different areas, in my case, it would be kivi6li? what do you think? I would really like to helo you doing this ;)
    see you soon,
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it sounds really good. When should we send you the recipes?

    About the lay out: don't know what was you original idea; but I think it would be great if the pages looked like a real cookbook (simple though).

    henna

    PS. Sorry, I forgot my name from my comment and that's why I deleted the comment so that I can send a new one with my name on it... and now that sad and ugly "This post has been removed" is still left... SORRY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Henna, maybe pizza-shaped book ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely great idea! Maybe I can contribute with some Estonian local easy, cheap and hopefully tasty recepies.Would you like to add picture of the dish also next to it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, the pizza-shaped book must stay reserved for everything that is sad in the world. henna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all your comments!
    I just sent another mail last week... with a few ideas how to layout the book ... If you like you can also send me some ideas!
    I am excited if that project works out =)
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete